Dinner

The night before the tournament is always interesting. I am two hours earlier than home, which is a little discombobulating. I want to gamble a little bit too, which I do by placing a small bet on the Astros. (A good rule when in Las Vegas: do not bet on the Astros.)

And then Bert and I join our poker buddies Wojo, Larry and Billy and their wives for dinner at the Bonefish Grill.  I have corn chowder and something called Unicorn fish, which turns out to be pretty good.

The company is great as I listen to Wojo’s theories about pro football karma (in a nutshell, if your city has been through some kind of trauma, your sports team will win a championship), and to Bert and Tammy trade true crime stories.

Notably, there is very little talk about poker.  This makes sense: we will be neck-deep in bad beat stories tomorrow, and not much to be learned tonight. Instead, we relax.

It’s midnight here, 2:00 a.m. in Houston.  Time to get some sleep for the long day tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready

Day One - Levels Nine and Ten

Why I Play